|Transportation of cash and (or) monetary instruments|
July 5, 2010 at the session of the Interstate Council of the Eurasian Economic Community (the supreme body of the Customs Union) at the level of Heads of State, held in Astana (Kazakhstan) signed the Treaty on the order of movement by individuals of cash and (or) monetary instruments across the customs border of the Customs Union (hereinafter - the Treaty), which establishes a new procedure for entry into the territory of the Customs Union and export from the territory of the Customs Union of cash and (or) monetary instruments.
According to the Treaty to "cash" includes moneys in the form of banknotes and treasury notes, coins (with the exception of precious metal coins) in circulation and are legal tender in the countries - members of the Customs Union or foreign state (group of foreign states).
"Monetary instruments" includes traveller cheques, bills, checks (bank cheques), as well as securities in the documentary form, certifying the obligation for payment of cash by the debtor, without a specified person to whom such payment is made.
In accordance with the Treaty with the one-time moving through the customs border of the Customs Union, individual cash and (or) traveler's cheques in a total amount exceeding the equivalent of 10 000 US dollars, cash and (or) traveller cheques shall be declared by filling the passenger customs declaration on the entire amount transferred cash and (or) traveler's cheques.
At the same time both for import and for export, cash and traveller cheques in a total amount not exceeding the equivalent of US $ 10 000, can be declared if the natural person desires so.
Monetary instruments, with the exception of traveller cheques, transported through the customs border of the Customs Union shall be subject to written declaring irrespective of the amount.
In the case of import into the customs territory of the Customs Union, or export from that territory by an individual person of cash and (or) traveller cheques recalculation in US dollars is carried out at the rate set in accordance with the legislation of the Party, the state border that moves such cash and (or) traveller cheques, at the day of submitting the passenger customs declaration to the customs authority.
When the customs declaration of monetary instruments (except traveller cheques) in the passenger customs declaration indicates the nominal value of the monetary instrument in the currency of the country - a member of the Customs Union or foreign currency. In the absence of nominal value of financial instruments in the passenger customs declaration indicates the number of transferred monetary instruments.
In the case of movement of cash and (or) monetary instruments subject to mandatory declaration in writing in the passenger customs declaration should be additionally contain the following information:
- The date and place of birth of a natural person;
- Details of the document (visa if available), confirming the right of a foreign citizen or stateless person to stay (reside) in the territory of the State - a member of the Customs Union;
- Place of residence (registration) - for residents of the Customs Union or place of residence in the State - a member of the Customs Union - for non-residents of the Customs Union (the place of the planned temporary stay, for example, the name of the hotel);
- Information on the financial instruments (except traveller cheques) is a monetary instrument, the name of the organization that issued the monetary instrument, date of issue and identification number, if any;
- Information about the source of cash and (or) monetary instruments, as well as the intended use;
- Information about the owner of cash and (or) monetary instruments in cases when they are not owned by the declarant;
- Information about the route and the mode of transportation (type of transport) cash and (or) monetary instruments.
Forms "Declaration of cash and (or) monetary instruments" can be made by an individual on their own with the use of stationery computer technology (measuring 210 x 296 mm (A4), in addition to the form of the passenger customs declaration. In this form, "Declaration cash and (or) monetary instruments "can be filled both by hand (legibly), and with printers of computer technology.
Attention! With self-manufacture form "Declaration of cash and (or) monetary instruments" should be borne in mind that blank printing is carried out on the front and back side of a sheet of A4.
1. Central Customs Directorate (CTU)
2. Siberian Customs Directorate (STU)
4. Southern Customs Directorate (JTU)
5. Privolzhsky Customs Directorate (PTU)
6. Urals Customs Directorate (UTU)
7. Far Eastern Customs Directorate (DVTU)
8. North Caucasus Customs Directorate (SKTU)