Head of department Sautin Ivan Nikolaevich
Tel.: 8 (499) 449-72-52
Fax: 8 (499) 449 73 19
Regulations on public relations department
I Basic provisions
1. This regulations of Public relations department (further “Regulations”) was developed on the basis of Regulation of Federal Customs Service approved by the Resolution of Russian Federation Government No. 459 of July 26th, 2006.
2. Public Relations department (further “Department”) is a division of FCS of Russia headquarter.
3. Activity of the Department is regulated by Constitution of Russian Federation, federal constitutional laws, customs code of Russian Federation, other federal laws, international agreements of Russian Federation, acts issued by the president and government of Russian federation, normative legal acts constituted by Cental bank of Russian Federation and other normative legal acts concerning customs matter normative and other legal acts of FCS of Russia, instructions and commissions given by the head of FCS of Russia and he Regulations.
4. Head of FCS of Russia shall approve structure and staff list of the Department’s officials.
5. The Department is leaded by the head of the department, who submits directly to the deputy head of FCS of Russia who coordinates and controls the activity of the Department in accordance to liabilities distributed between the head deputies of FCS of Russia that are being approved by the head of FCS of Russia. Deputy head of the Department leads the Department in absence of the head of Department.
6. Head of Department and deputy head of Department are assigned and dismissed by the head of FCS of Russia.
7. The Department exercises its activity in following directions:
1) organizes and realizes activity representing information and giving explanations concerning to the customs matter in Russian Federation involving Russian and international mass media$
2) Interacts with other departments of FCS of Russia headquarter to prepare information regarding activity of Russian Federation Customs Service addressed to Russian and foreign mass media;
3) Interacts with publishing houses, information agencies radio stations and television broadcasters to explain customs legislation of Russian Federation and to create journalistic and art work about customs service of Russian Federation;
4) Organizes and carries out promotion actions intended to popularize customs service of Russian Federation;
5) Interacts with business communities and organizations assisting to business development and participants of foreign economic activity (further “FEA”) according to established order to create favorable conditions for investments and to attract foreign investments in the economics of Russian federation;
6) Prepares proposals regarding development and implementation of new was for interaction between Russian Federation Customs service and FEA participants and foreign investors.
7) Develops customs regulation and customs administration required to organize the work of Consulting council of customs policy under FCS of Russia and for cooperation with large foreign business associations that are presented in Russian Federation;
8) Participates in the process of legislation development in the field of customs matter in order to harmonize it with GATT and WTO regulations.
9) Participates in preparation of proposals regarding development of Russian Federation state policy in the field of customs matter and provides realization of the police concerning Department competition.
10) Coordinate the work and renders methodological assistance to regional customs agencies divisions (further RCA) and customs spokespersons.
8. Department divisions acting on the ground of regulations approved by the head of Department that were developed on the basis of FCS of Russia Department division. Heads of divisions governs the respective divisions.
9. Functions of Department officials are stated in duty instructions and duty schedules approved according to the order established by FCS of Russia and those which were developed on the basis of duty instructions and duty schedules.
10. Department staff is completed from among the persons who meet the established qualification requirement.
11. The Department work is planned according to FCS of Russia operation plan of and Department operation plans, principles of undivided authority and personal responsibility of every official for situation in entrusted area and for performance of particular commissions.
12. The Department can realize its functions directly or through organization units of Russian customs bodies responsible for appropriate directions of Department activity, interacting with other organization units of FCS of Russia headquarter and federal executive authority, social organizations and other organizations and persons.
13. Book-keeping and actions maintaining secrecy order in the Department are realized according to the established order.
14. The Department while carrying out its activity observes the requirements of legislative acts published by FCS of Russia concerning maintenance of information security.
II Department functions
15. Preparation of printed video and audio materials clarifying the customs law of Russian Federation and other materials informing regarding activity of Russian Federation Customs Service together with other organization units of FCS of Russia headquarter and editorial staff of Russian foreign mass media.
16. Organization and holding of press conferences and briefings together with other organization units of FCS of Russia headquarter, distribution of press releases through foreign news agencies and consulting of mass media representatives regarding the matter related to competence of FCS of Russia.
17. Participation in preparation and release of subject and specialized television programs and radio programs about activities of Russians customs bodies. preparation of proper video materials and movies, creation and completion of archive.
18. Analysis and summarizing of materials addressed to mass media about activity of Customs Bodies of Russian Federation, prompt transmission of the most important materials to the administration of FCS of Russia. Release of information press bulletins about activities of Russian customs bodies using mass media publications.
19. Creation and filling of systematized fund of analytical, statistics and other materials about the main kinds of activities of FCS of Russia intended for mass media as reference and information materials.
20. Submission of proposals to the administration of FCS of Russia:
1) Regarding Customs Bodies of Russian Federation officials appearance;
2) Regarding appointment of consultants, movies continuous subject headings and television and radio programs.
3) Regarding motivation of journalists and other mass media representatives participating in the creation of materials about Customs Bodies of Russian Federation.
21. Consideration of applications regarding assistance in the preparation of materials about Russian Federation Customs Service submitted by Russian and foreign news agencies and other mass media within the bounds of Department competence.
22. Updating information on FCS of Russia web-server together with FCS of Russia Main Research Computing Center in order to realize citizens and organizations rights of access to information regarding activities of FCS of Russia.
23. Maintenance of compliance to the established order of interaction with business community and organizations assisted to growth of business and FEA participants.
24. Maintenance of the activities of Consulting council on customs policy under FCS of Russia.
25. Realization of methodological assistance to activities of consulting councils on work with FEA participants established under regional customs agencies and offices.
26. Coordination of Consulting Council on Foreign Investment in Russia (CCFIR) subdivision “Development of customs procedures” activities from the side of FCS of Russia.
27. Development of subject action plans (for meetings, conversations, round tables etc.) between FCS of Russia and Business community.
28. Analysis of information given by representatives of business community assisting to business growth and FEA participants and brings it to notice of FCS of Russia administration.
29. Preparation of information and analytical materials and theses given by administration of FCS of Russia during their appearance pertinent to the competence of the Department.
30. Organization and participation in measures that help to improve qualification of officials working in the Department and in other divisions of regional customs agencies on interaction with mass media and press secretaries of Customs offices liable for particular kind of Department activities.
31. Coordination of regional customs agencies divisions’ activity that liable for interaction with mass media and Customs offices press secretaries.
III Department rights
32. In order to perform assigned functions Department has rights:
1) to submit proposals regarding activities of the Department, divisions of regional customs agencies on interaction with mass media and press secretaries of Customs offices and projects of normative legal acts FCS of Russia to the administration of FCS of Russia.
2) to give explanations regarding the matters pertinent to the competence of the Department to legal entities and individuals;
3) to request and receive required documents information, documents and data pertinent to the competence of FCS of Russia and the Department from organization units of FCS of Russia headquarter and Customs Bodies of Russian Federation, foreign agencies (or representatives) of Russian Federation Customs Service and Russian, foreign or international organizations and representatives of business community;
4) to correspond with state bodies, editorial staff of Russian and foreign mass media and representatives of business community regarding the maters pertinent to competence of the Department and in cases defined by FCS of Russia administration and according to established procedure.
5) to participate in the work of consultative and expert bodies within the bounds of Department competence;
6) to use information systems and databases on questions concerning Department competence and in accordance to established order;
7) to publish printing materials within the bound of own competence.
8) to organize and to hold promotional actions;
9) to give explanations regarding the questions pertinent to the competence of the Department to mass media
10) to organize trips of mass media representatives to regions to make reports about the activities of Customs Bodies of Russian Federation together with regional customs agencies divisions on interaction with mass media.
11) to interact with organization units of the Russian Federation governmental bodies within the bounds of own competence.
12) to involve experts of FCS of Russia headquarter and other customs bodies of Russian federation and organizations dependent on FCS of Russia to assist mass media, under the agreement of heads of corresponding divisions and organizations.;
13) to represent the Customs Bodies of Russian Federation in government bodies and organizations regarding the matters maters pertinent to competence of the Department and by order of FCS of Russia administration;
14) to develop the measures allowing to improve interaction between Customs Bodies of Russian Federation, business community and organizations assisting to business growth and FEA participants;
15) to submit proposals regarding meetings with business community, organizations assisting to growth of business, FEA participants and foreign investors;
16) to collect and summarize information regarding activities of Customs Bodies of Russian Federation
17) to use departmental information systems and to create data bases according to the established order;
18) to inspect activities of regional customs agencies divisions on interaction with mass media and press secretaries of customs offices who interact with business community and to give recommendations regarding designation of Customs Bodies of the Russian Federation who interacts with business community and mass media;
19) to use other rights provided by the law or other legal acts of the Russian Federation
IV Final provisions
33. The head of Department
1) govern the activities of the Department according to principles of undivided authority;
2) participates in sessions of FCS of Russia in meetings held by the administration of FCS of Russia and during consideration of matters pertinent to competence of the Department;
3) selects and places the personnel of the Department and controls observance of office discipline by Department’s officials;
4) provides conditions to improve professional qualifications of Department’s officials and implements advanced practices and methods of work;
5) introduces nominations on appointment of special ranks or class ranks to officials of the Department, nominations on their designations and nominations on motivation or imposition of disciplinary penalty according to the established order.
6) takes measures on maintenance of necessary service conditions for officials of the Department;
7) Approves regulations on Department divisions;
8) introduces proposals regarding the delegation of Department officials to business trips in Russian Federation and Foreign business trips to the administration of FCS of Russia according to established order;
9) Signs documents and organizes checking of execution of such documents within the bounds of its competence and on the basis and in pursuance of the law of the Russian Federation;
10) signs letters addressed to mass media or other organizations regarding the matters pertinent to competence of the Department;
11) represents the Department in the governmental bodies and in different organizations according to the established order;
12) distributes the duty between officials of the Department;
13) organizes consideration of applications sent from Russian and foreign mass media regarding assistance in preparing of materials intended for publishing houses, radio and television broadcasters and movie companies;
15) uses his rights and execute his duties and hold the liability in accordance to the law of the Russian Federation.
34. Head of the Department hold personal liability for functions imposed on the Department to be properly executed including execution of programs and plans and indicators of activities of FCS of Russia within the bounds of Department’s competence.
35. Assignment of functions on the Department that are not included in these Regulations excepting special (addressed) orders given by the head of FCS of Russia is not allowed.