Head of Department Konovalenko Sergey Alexandrovich
Tel. (499) 449-72-86
Fax: (499) 449 70 96
Basic goals of the Department
1. Coordinates theactivities of FCS of Russia divisions on interaction with government bodies of foreign states and international organizations according to the established order.
2. Participates in preparation of proposals on development of international agreements of the Russian Federation, including intergovernmental and interdepartmental agreements in the sphere of customs matter, pertinent to the competence of the Department.
3. Organizes the work on participation of FCS of Russia in integration processes inside the Commonwealth of Independent States, EurAsEC, CFMZ and Federal Union according to the established order.
4. Maintains the interaction with participants of foreign economic activities targeted for creation of favorable investment conditions and to attract foreign investments into economy of the Russian Federation according to the established order.
5. Prepares the proposals on development and introduction of new ways of interaction between customs bodies and participants of foreign economic activities and foreign investors.
6. Collects and analyses the information on conditions and tendencies of development of customs matter in other countries and brings it to attention of administration of FCS of Russia, other concerned organization divisions of FCS of Russia and customs bodies of the Russian Federation.
7. Conducts protocol work in the FCS of Russia, provides of visa and organizational maintenance for foreign business trips of officials of customs bodies of the Russian Federation and holds the meeting with foreign delegations whose visits concerned with FCS of Russia.
Basic functions of the Department
1. Provides preparing of proposals on development and improvement of contractual and legal basis for relationship with other countries concerning customs matter, process of consolidation international customs conventions and agreements, conclusion of corresponding international agreements, and submission of proposals in the Ministry of economic development and trade of the Russian Federation according to the established order.
2. Organizes the measures required to perform the domestic procedures (including required interdepartmental coordination), required for international agreements in the sphere of customs matter to come in force or to terminate the validity of such agreements within the bounds of its competence.
3. Carries out the analysis of international legal documents related to the sphere of customs matter and prepares corresponding offers pertinent to the competence of the Department.
4. Introduces proposals on realizing of concluded international agreements related to the sphere of customs matter pertinent to the competence of FCS of Russia and controls their execution.
5. Maintains participation of FCS of Russia in the work of international bodies of the CIS, EurAeCS, CFMZ and Federal Union according to the established order.
6. Provides coordination of interaction between organization divisions of FCS of Russia and government bodies of the CIS countries, EurAeCS, CFMZ and Federal Union regarding unification of customs procedures and development of information exchange.
7. Renders methodological assistance concerning customs matter to customs bodies of the states participating in CIS.
8. Maintains contacts with World Customs Organization Secretary, analyzes and summarizes its materials, submits recommendations about their practical use and sends them to concerned organization divisions of FCS of Russia according to the established order.
9. Together with concerned organization divisions of FTS of Russia it maintains participation of FCS of Russia in the work of World Customs Organization and develops and realizes activities of FCS of Russia in the sphere of World Customs Organization Russia according to the established order.
10. Introduces proposals concerning the Russian Federation memberships in the Political committee and Financial committee of World Customs Organization, coordinates the work of FCS of Russia in the ways of activity of other working bodies of World Customs Organization on agreement with the Ministry of economic development and trade of the Russian Federation.
11. Maintains the participation of FCS of Russia in the process of realizing the objectives on cooperation between the Russian Federation and the European union (further – EU) in the sphere concerning customs matter; cooperates with divisions of the Commission of European communities to maintain the development of customs and cross border cooperation according to the established order, and prepares proposals on development of such cooperation together with concerned organization divisions of FTS of Russia.
12. Maintains the development and realization of programs within the bounds of the Partnership and Cooperation Agreement on 24.06.94 establishing relations of partnership between the Russian Federation, on the one hand, and the European communities and their participating states, on the other hand, coordinates the work on realization of projects of customs and cross border cooperation under the program of technical assistance to the CIS countries (the TACIS program).
13. Maintains participation of FCS of Russia in activity of work bodies on cooperation between the Russian Federation and EU (Cooperation Committee, Customs and cross border cooperation Subcommittee and other subcommittees concerned with subjects of customs matter) according to the established order.
14. Coordinates the work on making the proposals in the specified field of activity submitted by FCS of Russia on participation in negotiations on consolidation of the Russian Federation with the World Trade Organization.
15. Supports contacts with corresponding bodies of the European economic commission under United Nations and forum «Asian Pacific economic cooperation» and other international economic organizations within the bounds of its competence, supports the Customs Service of the Russian Federation representatives participation in actions organized by them related with customs matter.
16. Maintains contacts attracting the representatives of concerned organization divisions of FCS of Russia and organizes negotiations with customs services of other states in the territory of the Russian Federation or in other countries, with representatives of other countries and international organizations within the bounds of its competence, and negotiations with representatives of business communities, and Russian establishments in other countries.
17. Realizes proposals submitted by other divisions of FCS of Russia regarding new contacts and development of contacts with customs services and other competent bodies of other countries.