|Session of Heads of the CIS Customs Services held in Baku|
On 4 June, 2014 the 59th Session of the Council of Heads of CIS Customs Services chaired by the First Deputy Head of the FCS of Russia Vladimir Malinin was held in Baku (the Azerbaijan Republic).
The session was attended by the delegations of customs services of Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan and the CIS Executive Committee.
The Council approved the following draft protocols:
- on amendments to the Agreement on rules on re-export and granting permission for re-export of goods dated 15 April 1994, which will be in the near future sent to the CIS Executive Committee for its submission in the prescribed manner to the Commission for Economic Affairs at the CIS Economic Council;
- on the principles of organizing the customs control over the movement of intellectual property (the protocol will be sent for internal approval by concerned ministries and departments).
The parties to the session also approved the amendments to the uniform classification of goods of the CIS foreign economic activity.
In view of the significant growth in the quantities of the goods purchased through Internet stores, the members of the Council discussed the approaches to, and the challenges of, customs clearance of the goods bought by natural persons in foreign Internet stores and delivered to natural persons by international mail or express delivery services in the CIS member states. The parties decided to explore the information about the value and quantitative restrictions imposed by the CIS countries on the goods imported as part of Internet trade and review the results at the following session of the Council.
The next session is to take place in the IV quarter of this year in Moscow.
1. Central Customs Directorate (CTU)
2. Siberian Customs Directorate (STU)
4. Southern Customs Directorate (JTU)
5. Privolzhsky Customs Directorate (PTU)
6. Urals Customs Directorate (UTU)
7. Far Eastern Customs Directorate (DVTU)
8. North Caucasus Customs Directorate (SKTU)