|Opening ceremony of the international vehicle access gates of Bruzgi and Berestovitsa|
On February 15, 2008, the opening ceremony took place to inaugurate the international vehicle access gates of Bruzgi and Berestovitsa, located on the Belorussian-Polish state border. Reconstruction of the access gates was carried out, particularly, using the budget funds of the Union State of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus.
The event was attended by Andrei Yurievich Belyaninov, Head of the Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation, Alexander Frantsevich Spilevsky, Chairman of the State Customs Committee of the Republic of Belarus, and Vasiliy Petrovich Chrol, Deputy Secretary of the Union State.
The facilities present modern, technically fitted-out access gates, equipped with local area networks, up-to-date systems of video alarm and intrusion detections, as well as with radiation monitoring installations, screening equipment, communication facilities, etc. Opening of these access gates with modern equipment will allow for carrying out of effective customs and other types of control at consumption of minimum, required for crossing of the Belorussian section of the external state border of the Union State.
After completion of the reconstruction, the traffic capacity has considerably increased: from 1000 up to 5000 transport vehicles per night in the access gate of Bruzgi, and from 1000 up to 3800 transport vehicles in the access gate of Berestovitsa.
1. Central Customs Directorate (CTU)
2. Siberian Customs Directorate (STU)
4. Southern Customs Directorate (JTU)
5. Privolzhsky Customs Directorate (PTU)
6. Urals Customs Directorate (UTU)
7. Far Eastern Customs Directorate (DVTU)
8. North Caucasus Customs Directorate (SKTU)